Thursday, April 11, 2013

Upcycled Dickies Shirt Boot/Shoe Bags

It's that time of year again to make gifts for my dear friend's birthday! I have already made her quite a few items for her previous birthdays and special occasions, so I was really stuck on deciding what to make her this year.  After a few days of thinking and researching online.  I decided to make her a few bags for her boots for when she travels! (she has MANY) 

Let's see how they turned out




Let's see how I made them



First, the materials

I used three Dickies Shirts from my husband's work that he doesn't ever wear, cut out the backs of the shirts.  Size Large is enough for one bag!





Here you will have big pieces of fabric after cutting the shirt from pocket to pocket 


I then embroidered on them



Next, sew the bags right sides together at the sides and bottom


Box Corner all of them


 Then prepare all linings the same way


Sew the zipper on to the bags


Then, there you go, easy boot bags are done!



I prefer Dickies shirts because they are easy to wash and will not change shape and sturdy!



Denim would also be a great choice of fabric! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives