Thursday, April 25, 2013

Second Liebster Award


Not too long ago, I was nominated for the Liebster Award for the first time, and a second nomination came one month later.  I thought about not accepting it because I had received one shortly before, but my nominator had a good point "An actor receiving two Oscars will not only accept one"  Wow, good analogy.  Don't you think? 

So I am accepting this award simply because my lovely Nominator deserves my recognition and the 11 bloggers that I get to nominate deserve their award.  

Mamma Nene over at Serger Pepper nominated me and also told me that I was a "no-reply" blogger.  I had no idea for all these 3 years of blogging that others don't see my email!  

Thank you so much!!!!!!! 









11 Facts about myself:
  1. I was born and raised in Hong Kong, China
  2. I speak three languages fluently
  3. I am a 70's baby, yup, last generation to not have grown up with laptops, iPads, smart phones...
  4. I am married, no kids, one cutest dog
  5. I am (kinda) OCD
  6. I am a human trash can, I eat just about anything
  7. To add to the previous fact: I do NOT eat bugs (willingly) 
  8. I am actually a boring person (I don't party, I don't drink)
  9. I really am not that good of a blogger (and terrible at taking good pictures...)
  10. I fear failure
  11. I love my family (that includes parents and grandparents) more than anything in the world, I seriously get very emotional just thinking about them especially when I am more than 8000 miles away from them.



Questions from my nominator:

  1. Denim or elegant dress? 
    • Denim of course, elegant dresses are seldom comfortable LOL 
  2. Bicycle or public transport? 
    • Public transport, much faster, plus, i am not a great cyclist 
  3. Sweet or salty? 
    • Salty, always preferred chips over cookies 
  4. Makeup or soap and water? 
    • Soap and Water if available. 
  5. Can you swim? 
    • I was a competitive swimmer in junior high and high school (secondary school) 
  6. Can you sew? 
    • YES and I love it! Been sewing for less than 3 years. 
  7. Do you consider yourself realized? 
    • No, not yet
  8. Meat or fish? 
    • Fish (if it means seafood) I LOVE seafood. 
  9. Salad or French fries? 
    • OOH that's tough....French Fries lol 
  10. White or black? 
    • Black 
  11. Pajamas or nightgown? 
    • PJ's in the winter, a gown (more of a long and big t-shirt) in the summer


My 11 Nominees


Here are the 11 questions I ask my nominees
  1. What made you start blogging?
  2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
  3. What inspires you?
  4. Can you give one advice to fellow bloggers? 
  5. Who is the most important person in your life?
  6. If you could live anywhere in the world under the best circumstances, where would it be and why?
  7. Are you a cat person or a dog person? 
  8. Do you have a role model? who?
  9. What is the one thing you cannot live without? (excludes humans)
  10. What is your favorite comfort food?
  11. Ok, this question is purely for me.  What do you think about my blog? (honest answers please, and if there is something I should improve on, do tell) 


Congratulations!!



3 comments :

  1. Thank you Mandy! Just two things:
    I don't eat bugs me too :)
    My RL name isn't Melissa but Irene, also if on the WWW I prefere being only MammaNene ;)
    Have a GREAT weekend!!!
    MammaNene

    SergerPepper.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mandy, this is a perfect weekender for me! Inspires me to do something productive. Thank you for nominating me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the nomination! Very excited to receive this award. Make to check out our Pattern Party! Those with free patterns and templates to share are invited to link up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives