Friday, April 12, 2013

Upcycled Denim Receipts Pocket

After the first gift that I made for my dear friend's birthday, I made a second gift  - a receipts pocket for her 3-ring binder that she uses to do her books with.  

I saw a similar project over at Bolt Neighborhood, but it is a much smaller size and made differently, so I altered it a bit to fit my needs.

Let's see what it looks like finished



Let's see how I made it.




First, I cut out all the needed fabric, I am using some scrap print fabric from projects I made for her before, and used denim (I just love using denim).  Elastic is for wrapping around the binder.  I did not end up using that lace though.



Embroidered "receipts" onto the pocket front (yup I have a boo boo here, off centered... but I later tried to fix it by cutting the right side to match the left lol )



Here, I sewed the pocket lining to the denim but only at the top 


Because I need to sew the Velcro onto the embroidered front


Now, it's time to baste the sides and bottom, wrong sides together


Then sewed the other Velcro part onto the lining of the pocket back

And then somehow, I forgot to take pictures..... @_@

OK, here is what I did, basted all the pieces together and then sewed on the bias tape. TaDa.





Hindsight: I could've not used the bias tape since it is a pain in my butt! lol

2 comments :

  1. Looks like you like denim as much as I do! Really great projects. I want to invite you to link up with me on Wednesdays. I hope to see you there!
    http://www.familyhomeandlife.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure do Connie, i just love how denim is so sturdy and versatile!

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives