Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pinaholics Anonymous Meeting # 6

Hello my lovely readers,  I am really sorry about skipping the last two meetings! With the Mother's Day celebration, vegetable planting, and garage organizing, I barely had time to cook. But I am going to post two more PA meetings in the next week to catch up.


If you would like to see certain ideas, tutorials, tips, or tricks in the future PA meetings, shoot me an E-mail 

Or go to my Contact Me Page


If this is your first time here, let me briefly explain to you what this is all about.  This is a new series I am starting to share what I have pinned to my boards on Pinterest that I find interesting and inspiring.  I will feature sewing related pins that may be tutorials, tips, tricks, or ideas (but I am partial to tutorials!)


So without further ado, let's begin our Sixth PA Meeting!


Today's Theme: Father's Day


*Click on the picture to go to the article*



1st  item on our meeting agenda: My Pinterest Profile

I have all the features Pinned to my boards.  Feel Free to follow me there!





2nd item on our meeting agenda: Big Soft Sweatshirt Knit Blanket

Liz over at Sew 4 Home has a tutorial on how to make a sweatshirt blanket for men who don't want to be covered up in girlie blankets or snuggies lol





3rd item on our meeting agenda:  Digital Device Sleeve

Again, Liz over at Sew 4 Home has this amazing tutorial on how to make this AWESOME sleeve for those dads that are tech savvy!







4th item on our meeting agenda: Dad-inspired Pillows

Chrissann over at Ducklings In A Row has great ideas on turning some old clothing in cute pillow covers!







5th item on our meeting agenda: Golf Club Headcovers

Amy over at Positively Splendid has a tutorial on making golf club covers for those golfer dads!






6th item on our meeting agenda: Firewood Tote (the hunk does NOT come with the tutorial)

Laura Wilson guest posted a tutorial and pattern on how to make a firewood tote for those dads that are lumber jacks  ^__^







7th item on our meeting agenda:  Necktie Up-cycling Ideas

Amy over at Babble complied a list of 22 amazing ideas to up-cycle old neckties! How cute are they?  Again, the hunk isn't included! ^__^


mens-necktie-craftsupcycled necktie wreath
mens-necktie-craftsmens-necktie-crafts


8th item on our meeting agenda: Wallet

Allisa over at Quiltish by Allisa Jacobs made a really cool wallet, and it's so simple, you need to head over and check it out.







9th item on our meeting agenda:  Drink Cozy

For those dads that enjoy a cold one every now and then, this is PERFECT.  It's made from old jeans (get a pair from your dad), and it has pockets to hold a few little things like a straw. Head over to Fiskars, Patti Milanzzo has a great, clear tutorial to make this.  Simply amazing!  I am making a couple as well!

Dad Drink Cozy3



10th item on our meeting agenda: Sofa Caddy

This is absolutely perfect for those dads that do not have just one universal remote! Like my dad, he has one for the TV, one for the DVD, one for the speakers, one for computer (yea, he has a media PC hooked up to his big screen!), so this would be awesome to help him keep his remotes all in one place.  Now, for dads, I suggest using DENIM.  Use the same pair you make the Drink Cozy from! :)

Click to Enlarge




11th item on our meeting agenda: Follow me for so you don't miss one PA meeting!   ^__^




*If you would like to see a specific topic, feel free to contact me by email: Email Me for PA meeting Suggestions


*Do pin these amazing tutorials from their original sites*

2 comments :

  1. great pics!
    I am looking forward to this projects of yours, wonder how they are going to turn :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives