Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Upcycled Military Uniform First Aid Case

After my First Upcycled Denim First Aid Case, I made a Second Upcycled Denim First Aid Case using a different method, and now I am making another one but using military uniform.

Let's see what the project looks like finished.




Now onto the tutorial

Prepare and cut all material


You will need:
1.  Outer Fabric (cut a rectangular piece, any size to fit your need)
2.  Lining Fabric (cut a piece same size as the outer fabric)
3.  Two pocket pieces (both rectangular size, can be same fabric as outer piece, or any coordinating fabric)
4.  One small pocket piece (can be a square piece, or however large you need)
5.  Ties (can be ribbon, or made with the lining fabric)




Fold in the hem, press



Hem all sides on all the pocket pieces


Pin the small pocket piece onto one end of the lining



Stitch the pocket and stitch along the sides except the top (we don't want to close the pockets do we?)




Pin the two pocket pieces together like this, measure the pockets.  the bottom piece has smaller pockets, and the top piece has big pockets



Sew the smaller pockets


Then pin the pocket pieces onto the lining


Stitch the bigger pockets


Stitch the bottom hem to close off the pockets






I decided to make my own ties, so I used some scrap lining fabric to make them.  Sew two long pieces together right sides together


Turn it inside out and top stitch one all edges



I embroidered on one end of the outer fabric 



Layer the material like so:  Lining with pockets (right side up), ties, outer fabric (right side down)


Pin three sides, leaving one side as opening.  Stitch all material together



Turn it inside out, press



Fold in the opening and stitch it close


Outside


Inside
 




Hope you have enjoyed this project! 

Let me know if you need help making this project! 


14 comments :

  1. This is neat! Great tutorial!
    Thanks for stopping by CraftandRepeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower and brand new blogger. I found you on Inspire Me MOnday! I LOVE this post!! Its so creative. I'm excited to read around your blog! I'd love for you to come follow me at http://mybutterflyhaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up at We three Crabs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tutorials are always so clear. Thanks for sharing at Funday Monday!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! How fun to combine the camouflage with the 'Hello Kitty" You are so creative, my friend! Happy mothers day!!..… :)

    hugs xx
    Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would love for you to share this at my link up where we pin all that join
    http://myfashionforwardblog.com/2013/05/09/all-things-pretty-number-7/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like how it rolls. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting this--a very creative and useful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea and tutorial! Thanks for linking this to our All My Bloggy Friends party ! I have shared this on Google+ today :-)

    Linda
    With A Blast

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mandy, another great project. You are always so busy creating fun things! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute. I love all of the Hello Kitty fabric also. Thanks so much for sharing with Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. We can't wait to see what you have for us this week. The party starts at 8:00PM tonight.
    Debi and Charly

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job on the tutorial and nice kit too! Thanks so much for sharing at the Rock N Share party. Hope to see you again this week! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice I also share with you something hope this helpful for you my friends his course is accredited and approved by ASQA (Australian Skills Quality Authority) and is also nationally approved and accredited.It is designed for those who require training that conforms to the recommendations of the Australian Resuscitation Council and provides the knowledge and skills to provide first aid response, life support, management of the casualty(s) and resuscitation. Check it out thanks.
    First Aid Training Newcastle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I LOVE comments (who doesn't?!)

I do reply to ALL comments, either through email, reply to your site, or reply on this page.

Once again, I appreciate your comments!

Share

My Featured Blogger Post At NanaHood
NanaHood.com
MamaBuzz Sugar Bee Crafts Truly Lovely SSlinkyparty photo SSLinkyButton150X150_zps65c030f6.jpg The Patriotic Pam Adorned From Above MamaBuzz A Jennuine Life Thrifty to Nifty Thursdays Feature Consider Me Inspired Clippie Dips Featured at All My Bloggy Friends My Turn for us Photobucket PJH Designs Family Home and Life lollipops Too Much Time On My Hands Dear Creatives