After my First Upcycled Denim First Aid Case, I made a Second Upcycled Denim First Aid Case using a different method, and now I am making another one but using military uniform.
Let's see what the project looks like finished.
Now onto the tutorial
You will need:
1. Outer Fabric (cut a rectangular piece, any size to fit your need)
2. Lining Fabric (cut a piece same size as the outer fabric)
3. Two pocket pieces (both rectangular size, can be same fabric as outer piece, or any coordinating fabric)
4. One small pocket piece (can be a square piece, or however large you need)
5. Ties (can be ribbon, or made with the lining fabric)
Fold in the hem, press
Hem all sides on all the pocket pieces
Pin the small pocket piece onto one end of the lining
Stitch the pocket and stitch along the sides except the top (we don't want to close the pockets do we?)
Pin the two pocket pieces together like this, measure the pockets. the bottom piece has smaller pockets, and the top piece has big pockets
Sew the smaller pockets
Then pin the pocket pieces onto the lining
Stitch the bigger pockets
Stitch the bottom hem to close off the pockets
I decided to make my own ties, so I used some scrap lining fabric to make them. Sew two long pieces together right sides together
Turn it inside out and top stitch one all edges
I embroidered on one end of the outer fabric
Layer the material like so: Lining with pockets (right side up), ties, outer fabric (right side down)
Pin three sides, leaving one side as opening. Stitch all material together
Turn it inside out, press
Fold in the opening and stitch it close
Hope you have enjoyed this project!
Let me know if you need help making this project!